Comprehensive Workplace First Aid
This course is designed to motivate and train anyone to be the first responder and to provide immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the course. More than 50% of the course is practical so that attendees gain competency with the various First Aid techniques.
All courses are delivered in easy to understand terms so that participants leave feeling confident.
This is a 12 hour course made up of 8 hours class time with a Self-Directed Learning Document.Who should attend?
Persons over the age of sixteen who are to be appointed as the designated First Aid person in the Workplace and people wanting a thorough knowledge of First Aid.
- Approaching an Accident Scene
- Overview of regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
- Scene Safety
- Scene Assessment & management
- Rescue Breathing - adult / child / infant
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - adult / child / infant
- External and Internal bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position
- Heart Conditions
- Heart Attack
- Illness Assessment
- Burns & Scalds
- Fracture & dislocations
- Head, neck & spinal injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries - Sprains & strains
- Wound Care
- Choking - adult / child / infant – Conscious and Unconscious
Meditrain South is a registered Private Training Establishment that offers first aid courses that are recognized by Worksafe as Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualification Authority and the Ministry of Education.
The unit standards associated with this course are:
- 6400 - Manage first aid in emergency situation (level 3, 2 credits)
- 6401 - Provide First Aid - Version 6, Level 2, Credits 1
- 6402 - Provide Basic Life Support - Version 8, Level 1, Credits 1