Meditrain For Schools
MediTrain South has developed workplace First Aid training specifically for secondary school students. The training is designed to provide students with relevant First Aid skills, be assessed against credits on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), suit students’ learning style and fit within school hours.
The training is delivered in an interactive way that engages students, builds up their confidence and assesses knowledge and competency through a combination of theory and practical scenarios. Our instructors believe that participation, not lecturing, leads to retention of knowledge and development of confidence in dealing with medical emergencies.
The training is recognised by the Ministry of Education and Worksafe and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). As such it provides skills that support the transition of students into further education, training or employment.
- A certificate showing the course type and unit standards completed,
- Relevant unit standards recorded on student’s NZQA Record of Learning, and
- A practical First Aid Manual for future reference.
Each scheduled First Aid course can be attended by one school support person free of charge. This person can be a school employee (for example a teacher or an administrator) or any other person assigned by the school (for example a coach).
- Approaching an Accident Scene
- Overview of regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
- Rescue Breathing - adult / child / infant
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - adult / child / infant
- External and Internal bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Soft Tissue Injuries - Sprains & strains
- Illness Assessment
- Burns & Scalds
- Fracture & dislocations
- Choking - adult / child / infant – Conscious and Unconscious
Meditrain South is a registered Private Training Establishment that offers first aid courses that are recognized by Worksafe as Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualification Authority and the Ministry of Education.
The unit standards associated with this course are:
- 6400 - Manage first aid in emergency situation (level 3, 2 credits)
- 6401 - Provide First Aid - Version 6, Level 2, Credits 1
- 6402 - Provide Basic Life Support - Version 8, Level 1, Credits 1