Basic First Aid
This certificated course is designed to motivate and train a person to be the First Aid personnel capable of providing immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the 1-day course. More than 50% of the course is practical so that attendees gain competency with the various First Aid techniques.
Persons over the age of sixteen, wanting knowledge of First Aid.
- Overview of regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
- Approaching an Accident Scene
- Primary Assessment
- Rescue Breathing - adult / child / infant
- CPR - adult / child / infant
- Choking - adult / child / infant – Conscious and Unconscious
- External and Internal bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Illness Assessment
- Burns & Scalds
- Fractures & dislocations
- Soft Tissue Injuries – sprains & strains
Meditrain South is a registered Private Training Establishment that offers first aid courses that are recognized by Worksafe as Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualification Authority and the Ministry of Education.
The unit standards associated with this course are:
- 6401 - Provide First Aid - Version 6, Level 2, Credits 1
- 6402 - Provide Basic Life Support - Version 8, Level 1, Credits 1